super cute christmas photo booth props

December 17, 2012
By

I’ve always had a thing for photo booths.  I treasure the classic black & white photo strips I’ve saved of Steve & me during our dating years.  So it’s no surprise that I’m loving all the fun photo booth props that are popping up all over pinterest.

We had a lot of fun with our campy Christmas card last year so I wanted to put together another one that brought smiles.  Steve wasn’t so sure of my idea, but Jule was totally up for it and the girls won.  :-)  Here are the props I doodled for our little holiday project…

If you can see your family or friends having fun with these festive photo props, we made them available for you to print at home HERE.  We recommend using a 67 pound cardstock.  It’s thick enough to be sturdy but not so thick it jams your printer.  However I did have to reinforce the reindeer antlers so they would stand up straight.

Cut out around the images & hot glue thin dowels to them.  I purchased 5 long thin dowels & cut them by scoring them with a scissors & then breaking them.   For the shorter sticks you could also use wood kabob skewers or cheap chopsticks.

We just moved some furniture and used wrapping paper as a backdrop.  I have this inexpensive light kit for shooting my wholesale line of paper goods that we used with a slr camera but a simple flash camera would work just fine too. We got loads of great shots, but I’m only sharing a few since I just printed the cards today and I don’t want to wreck the surprise… (my Christmas cards usually get delivered on the 24th ;-)

I plan on bringing these to our family Christmas and hope to get some silly shots of our crew.   We hope you have fun with these too!

Here is our finished product! (added at a later date)

photo prop christmas card

I cropped our favorite pictures and created a 17″ long photo strip in photoshop and had 11×17 color copies made and cut them up in strips.  I folded the strip in half and put them in  colorful #10 envelopes for our 2012 Christmas card.

Like to get a little crafty every now & then?  Simply subscribe to this blog and we’ll email you our latest creative endeavors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

18 Responses to super cute christmas photo booth props

1. melissa on December 18, 2012 at 8:26 am

OMG those are so cute!! thanks for sharing…i love props for pics..
    Merry Christmas!!

2. Judy Stevens on November 15, 2013 at 1:19 am

I did something similar to this for my granddaughter’s 1st grade class last year, but we took pictures, printed them off as 4 X 6,” then cut out the picture and let them glue them onto the picture. They turned out cute and the teacher hung them on the bulletin board.

• april on December 9, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Sounds cute!

3. Shannon on November 22, 2013 at 11:13 am

These are darling. Maybe now I’ll be able to get all 3 of my boys to look at the camera long enough to get a shot! Thanks!

4. Esther on November 25, 2013 at 7:08 am

¡¡Muchísimas gracias!! I love it.

5. cyndie stanley on November 25, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I need props for a office Christmas party, please help me, I work for a non-profit.
    thanks

• april on December 9, 2013 at 11:09 pm

These fun props are free! You just need some heavier printer paper, thin dowels and some glue and you are good to go :-)

6. Tina on November 29, 2013 at 10:09 am

So cute!! Thank you for sharing! Going to use these for an Ugly Sweater party…

Merry Christmas!

7. Kathy on December 7, 2013 at 6:03 pm

These are adorable! I will use them at my Christmas party with my kindergartners. They will LOVE them!

8. Megan on December 8, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I need these for my ugly Christmas sweater party!

9. Kyp McLaren on December 9, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Love these!! I printed them off and used them with my kindergarteners today!! I’ve been sharing your site with my blog friends, facebook friends, etc. Thank you so much!!
    Kyp

• april on December 9, 2013 at 11:05 pm

So glad you like them! Thanks for spreading the word about our whimsical world :-)

10. Jen on December 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thank you so much for these super cute and fun props! I am throwing a simple party for my small staff and we are going to have so much fun with these. You. Are. Awesome!

• april on December 11, 2013 at 3:43 pm

You are welcome! Have fun at your party :-)

11. Stephanie Jensen on December 13, 2013 at 1:11 am

Wow, this is the first Pinterest link I have followed for a “free” anything and really had it work out. I am so very excited!!!! Super cute and amazing quality, I can’t thank you enough! Our work party should be a smash tomorrow!

12. nancy on December 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. You’re paying it forward, and I appreciate it! We will use these for our family party on Christmas Eve, and I then plan to have them printed in a photo book from Walgreen’s or similar. Lots of fun!

13. Beth Ann Effler on December 18, 2013 at 10:53 pm

These are super cute. Can’t wait to use them for my second graders class Christmas party! Thanks for sharing!!

14. Jessie on December 24, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Just printed and cut out these super cute props! Using them for Christmas Day fun . . . Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!